Thursday 31 March 2011

The Next Chapter


Today was the passing of our requirement in World Literature. Our Professor Mam. Capecete asked us to write our own autobiography. Unlike any other autobiography I wrote it differently. It was February 23 when I wrote it. Since I have not told anything about my family yet here in thoughts I decided to repost it. This came from my autobiography which I submitted to my professor. Enjoy! God bless!
                                                                The Next Chapter
            Each year since I was still in Grade 5 my Teachers and Professors would ask us to write our own Autobiography. Having the same setting I decided to change it. Since today is February 23, 2011 my 19thbirthday. I decided to write my autobiography differently.
            Today is another chapter of my life. Written and well planned by God.
            It’s been 19 years since God decided to form me in my Mom’s womb. My Mom was an early wed mother. She was only 16 when she got pregnant and my dad was about 23. I admit like many teenagers do. My parents got married only because my Mom got pregnant and I knew they weren’t prepared at all to have a family of their own.
            Their first born was my “ate”. My mom only conceived her for 8 months wasn’t enough for Ate Sheryl to live. She later died after weeks of observation inside the incubator.
            It took years when my Mom decided to study again. My mom weren’t treated well by my Lola (father’s side) because she didn’t finish any diplomatic course. In Philippine Women’s University taking Bachelor of Education major in Filipino my Mom once again studied. With enough support from my father’s job my mom was able to finish it. Willing to learn more after a few years when I’m still 15 to 16 years old. She studied again taking her Masteral’s degree. My Dad himself is also a diplomat. He studied the course what policeman takes. He once again studied taking two year course in technology.
            After about four years Kuya Shyrus our eldest brother now sees the beauty of the earth. Julie (my mom) and Sam (my dad) were very proud of him. Like a gift from heaven. They cherished him so much. I thought at first he was the favorite among us. But later I knew there wasn’t a favorite at all. God is really great and my parents did bear another son again. Kuya Shemyl was younger two years than Kuya Shyrus. Kuya Shemyl was a shy person. Very humble and talented many girls ran after him. Three years later my Kuya Saron was brought into life. So much blessed Kuya Saron was also one of the most diligent, humble Kuya I ever have. Wishing to have a daughter of there own my mom and dad finally got one. Three years younger than Kuya Saron I was given life. Like a sunlight rushing from heaven. My birth was truly a blessing for them. They’ve been waiting for a girl a long time ago. After a year another blessing came my younger sister Sarah was given life. My family now is finally complete. And it’s now time for exploration of the real meaning of life.
            I was still one year old when we moved in to Lagro. My mom decided to leave the environment that once ruined her personality. She does not want us to grow the same environment where she came from that’s why we moved in. She believed that growing in the same place would only let us commit the same mistakes she did many years ago. My dad who is really supportive decided to occupy the place my Tita Myrna offered to us. They gave us a lifetime “rent to own” policy. Tita Myrna was one of my riches tita from my father’s side. Very blessed she owns a lot of houses in Lagro even in other countries. She worked at abroad for so many years just to give her family a good life.        
            Growing up in Lagro is really different from the place where we came from. The five of us studied at the same private school more than four years. Flos Carmeli is a religious school where tuition fee is really expensive. When my brother started studying in College taking the course Nursing the four of us transferred to a public school.
            I was in 2nd year High School when I was transferred in Lagro High School that is a few blocks from our home. Transferring at Lagro High School is really a big change of environment. Now the spoiled Seline are now being humbled seeing the environment. Realizing how really blessed I am with what I have. Being at Lagro High School changed me a lot. It was like a seat of opportunity for me. I became very active in school since then. Joining curricular activities became my priorities. I became top ten many times because of it. But being a Student Teacher started the twist in my life. My teacher in English when I was in 2nd year High School chose me to be her student teacher participating to the Teacher’s week.   
            Like destiny, I never knew that my future boyfriend will be one of my students. Coming from a class which I hated the most I met Heroz. Stressed and pressured another school year finally ended. Having good grades I was transferred to a higher section. Being at the higher section is like being back to the school where I came from. There are all hard to reach. Very active and grade conscious it’s hard to make friends with them. Cheysser, Sarah was one of my classmates just like me they also came from a middle section. The three of us both realized it that most of our classmate looked at us like “trying hard” students. Discouraged of their attitudes we realized that it’s better to stay in the lower section than being with students that is very prideful. Carrying their own bench to show what they got that others don’t have. We really don’t like there attitude.
            My 3rd year High School wasn’t fun. It was a big twist for me. It was like seeing the two faces of public school students. Well at least now I know that not all students from public school are humble like what I thought before. Intentionally I dropped into the lower section like Cheysser and Sarah did. I was in 4th year High School when I get my feet into business. Now I’m not only became the top one again but also I became the class President and representative as well. Unconsciously, I didn’t notice that most of my classmates are my students before.  It was a great experience to finally meet and make friends with them. One of them is Heroz. I am really active in class. Having a boyfriend or a suitor has no place in me. I was so focused to regain my grades and make it higher. It was almost the end of the school year when Heroz started courting me. After some of my classmates who also courted me. I choose Heroz to be the person formally known as my suitor.
            Not prepared enough to have a boyfriend. Heroz took two years courting me. Last October 22 of 2010 my sweet “yes” rang his bells that caused him to jumped around in the St. Peter’s ground.
            How did he court me? Well Heroz first became my best friend before he courted me. In two years we both acted as best friend that does have feelings for each other. I was so afraid to fall in love again and commit the same mistakes I did before so it took him two years. I knew letting him wait for two years would make our relationship better and it did. Heroz was a gift from heaven. I believe that God sent him to me. Heroz draw me near to Christ. His faithfulness to God let me fall in love with him.
            Now I’m already 2nd year College and was about to finish this semester. Another sequel of my story is about to be told. What I have written in here is not yet the whole story of my life. It’s just a quick summary. I believe that it will take me years to write down all the things that happened in my life. And I will most appreciate if someone would ask me to write it all for an inspiration. The story of my life is very inspiring for me. And it must be told to others. Coming from a not perfect family lead me to seek God differently and that what makes my life unique.
            What happened today, my birthday? Well my birthday today is very unusual. It was the first time when my mom decided to let me have a visitor in my birthday and I am so glad that I invited Heroz to be part it. My family, Heroz, friends and God will help me fulfill this next chapter of my life which God prepared and planned for me. And I’m ready to start fulfilling it. 

image

No comments:

Post a Comment